Saturday 13 March 2010

Crossing the Mediterranean sea

Yet, I have never made my way to Africa, but soon you can find my footprints also in the deserts of Morocco. Morocco is a complete different destination than all the other trips I have made so far.
Two years ago, my curiosity for Morocco started growing. This country started climbing higher in my list of places where I want to go. Last year in November, it made a huge jump forward on this list when I received an email from Paulo, a friend from Manchester who travelled with his girlfriend to Morocco. What I really like about his trips is that afterwards he always writes his friends a very long email with all his travel stories, including tons of photo's! His experience and the beautiful photo's made my curiosity for Morocco grow even bigger.

Today I have booked two more flights. Flight #1 from Madrid to Marrakech. Flight #2 from Nador to Barcelona. Nador is a city in the north east of Morocco, while Marrakech is more than 500km down south west, half way to the western Sahara.
The idea is to make excursions around Marrakech first (thanks for the tip Paulo!). Later, from Marrakech I will travel straight up north to the western coast where you can find Casablanca. From Casablanca, the next stops, with only 50km in between, are Menkès and Fès. After Fès there is a long way up north east to Nador, from where I fly back to Europe.

Photo: Paulo Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?